As a coach, I’m often asked “Should I do xyz?” Or, “Will abc stretch help?” A good percentage of the time, I answer, “I don’t know. Why don’t you try it and see if it makes a difference? Experiment with it.”
So, that’s the simple idea in this post. Try new things in fitness or in life. See how it goes.
- Try life without TV for a month. (Did it. Love it. Still do it.)
- Increase or decrease your workouts per week.
- Try mega-doses of fish oil for a few weeks. (I’m doing this now.)
- Take a family walk every night no matter the weather.
- Smile 100 times today. (Studies have shown people who smile a lot become happier involuntarily. No foolin’.)
- Go Paleo or Zone or Cheese-a-terian.
After the change, look for feedback. Did things go better? Then re-test. Some feedback loops may be fast (like stretching) and some take longer (like diet).